OK - looks like Go Daddy has resolved the problem they had before and we're back up again.
You'll notice some changes when you come to the site now. I've switched wikis to Jotspot.
I know this will sound like a commercial but it's completely unsolicited.
Here's why I switched:
- Order of magnitude improvement on the user experience.
The ability to edit things in jotspot in a wysiwyg fashion is amazing and I predict that we will have a lot more people participating than we would otherwise. Since the wiki gets better with more people contributing this is a very good thing.
- Ease of maintenance.
To get the original site up on the wiki we were using before was time consuming and painful. You'll notice that the wiki uses tables fairly extensively. Jotspot handles these very nicely (not perfect but pretty good).
- Ease of use
This is so important I'm putting it in again. In order to change the way the other wiki looked and worked I was going to have to muck around in CSS. With Jotspot I've got an Office like environment to do this in.
So hat's off to the folks at Jotspot for making a great product. So far I highly recommend them. Trying it out is free...